What we’re building
Synapse Technology provides an artificial intelligence platform for the hundreds of thousands of security checkpoints around the world, including airports, office buildings, and others. Today, screeners running checkpoints miss most threats, providing minimal security. Human operators face massive cognitive challenges and are unfortunately the only barrier that can prevent a dangerous item from getting through a checkpoint.
Our AI platform processes these X-Rays in real time to automatically detect firearms, knives and other threats. This automated screening solution reduces the reliance on human operators for screening. Our technology drives innovation into a stagnant industry, with a unique ability to have a high impact in a short amount of time on a global scale. We work closely with senior government stakeholders worldwide, and our systems are currently deployed at international airports across the world in Japan, Sweden, and other countries. To date, millions of passengers have been secured by Syntech ONE™.
Developing technology for physical security ecosystems is not a trivial task. Our platform has several different components run by different teams, interfacing hardware and software. Our customers have a very low tolerance for mistakes and surprises, forcing our processes to factor in a high attention to detail with zero room for error.
The Role - Electronics Product Engineer
Software runs on hardware—our product, Syntech ONE™, is a detection platform in a very real sense. An installation of our system is comprised of various computers of custom design interfacing with existing security machines of various forms.
We’re looking for a product engineer with electrical and mechanical design experience who can help bring a custom computing enclosure to the global market. This includes the everything from prototyping to sourcing to manufacturing/assembly to certification and beyond.
This electronics product engineer would own the responsibilities of the hardware that makes up Syntech ONE™ and would quickly see his or her designs deployed to airports worldwide, helping to provide the compute base on which the world’s most advanced threat detection system operates.
- Design of custom computing enclosures for our use cases following best practices.
- Certification of hardware components with regulatory agencies both domestic and abroad.
- Sourcing of parts and managing of manufacturing and assembly processes.
- Testing and verification of designs.
- Prototyping and rapid development of new and exploratory hardware products and approaches.
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of professional experience in electrical or mechanical engineering and a strong background in both.
- Demonstrated product design and development skills at professional level.
- Comprehensive knowledge of industrial-grade computing hardware.
- Strong understanding of FCC electronics equipment certification procedures or those of a comparable international regulatory body.
How to impress us:
- Strong electronics PCB design, prototyping, and manufacturing skills.
- A history of bringing electronics products to market as a leader or central project contributor.
- Past projects working with sheet metal/injection molding/3D printing/modern manufacturing techniques.
- Operating systems or software engineering experience.
- Prior experience setting up electronics sourcing and assembly pipelines.
- Hands-on experience with projects in robotics.
- Insurance: Coverage for employees and dependents.
Health: 100% of the premium of Platinum PPO 20/10%/4000 OR Platinum HMO 10/10%/2700.
Dental: 99% of CA Beam Smart Premium Select 100/100/60/50-2000.
Vision: 99% of the premium.
- Unlimited vacation policy.
- Top-of-the-line equipment.
How to apply:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and tell us a bit about yourself.